1. If you shorten your shower by five minutes, you can save up to 15 gallons of water every time you shower!
2. By installing faucet aerators and efficient showerheads, you can save an additional 16 gallons per day.
3. Wait until you have a full load of laundry or a full dishwasher before you run your appliances. You can save up to 20 gallons per load.
4. Fix any leaks around your house, or in your irrigation system: this can save up to 15 gallons per leak every day.
5. Retrofit your toilets with efficient versions to save up to 25 gallons per day!
1. Water your lawn in the early morning instead of midday to reduce up to 20 gallons of evaporated water!
2. Check to see if your lawn needs to be watered by walking on it. If you see your footprints, it’s time to water. If not, the grass does not need more water yet.
3. Save up to 20 gallons per day by reducing water time by only one minute.
4. Cut your watering time by half in fall, and completely stop watering during winter months.
5. Landscape with native plants and save up to 20 gallons per day!